Because when a parent can’t cope with whatever life is throwing at them, their children can suffer.
And when a family asks us for help, it is our volunteers who make the difference.
The first time we met our volunteer the twins had just been discharged from intensive care so her help could not have come at a better time. Her emotional and practical support was invaluable to me in those early days.
Home-Start’s volunteers are a lifeline for families and there are lots of ways to get involved.
You can visit parents and children in their homes, help at our Twiglets family groups, become a trustee, help fundraise, and so much more.
With the support of Home-Start staff, you could help turn a family’s life around.
Whatever way you volunteer for us you will:
- make a difference to parents and children facing great difficulties
- give something back to your local community
- perhaps return the support you once received from Home-Start
- share a similar experience
You may also benefit yourself, through:
- better health and well-being
- improved personal and skills development
- improved chances for work
- and more self-confidence
- doing something amazing with your spare time
Volunteering has given me a real sense of satisfaction. My work with Home-Start gives me the opportunity to help others, as I’ve been helped in the past.