We run two different weekly Groups where families with either twins / multiples, or new parents can bring their children along for play and interaction with other children, and the parents can come to meet other adults in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Group volunteers work with the Family Group Play Worker to run these sessions. The role involves building the confidence and independence of families by:
- Offering families support, friendship and practical help at the Group.
- Developing relationships with families to provide regular, reliable support
- Encourage parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own children
- Helping families widen their networks within the local in the community
Apply now to be a Group Volunteer
Our Group Volunteers need to:
- be able to spare a couple of hours each week during term time, to give support at our groups (Twiglets or New Parent Connect)
- attend our free training to prepare for the role.
You can find out more by looking at the Group Vol Role Description -May 2021
If you are interested in supporting families at either of our groups, we would love to hear from you. Please complete an Volunteer Application Form Nov 20