THIS POSITION IS NOW CLOSED
We are actively seeking more telephone befrienders to help support our families. Please do apply, or contact us for more information.
What do Home-Start telephone befrienders do?
Home-Start volunteers aim to build the confidence and independence of a family by:
• Offering support, friendship and practical help.
• Committing to a regular telephone or video link contact with a family
• Protecting and respecting the dignity and identity of each individual
• Reassuring families that difficulties in bringing up children are not unusual
• Emphasizing the positive aspects of family life
• Developing a relationship with the family in which time can be shared and an understanding developed, providing a regular, reliable presence in that family
• Encouraging families to widen their network of relationships and to effectively use the support and services available in the community
• Drawing on their own experience of parenting to encourage parents’ strengths and emotional well-being for the ultimate benefit of their own children
What is the time commitment?
In addition to weekly family contact (approx. 1.0-1.5 hours per week)
• Attending 4 short video training sessions
• Attending supervision sessions with the Coordinator
• Attending ongoing training sessions
• A commitment of 1 year to the charity
Closing date: 22nd January
Training commences: 3rd February
To apply please email: Info@homestartchams.org.uk